WHAT IS THE MYSTERY PRODUCT:
- Has a manufacturer’s association.
- Has 1 % failure rate after 10 years and a 3 % rate after 15 years.
- It often must stand up to wind, hail, rain and damaging ultraviolet rays.
- With this product, size doesn’t matter…but age does.
- When this product fails the only viable option is replacement.
After 15 years has 3 % failure rate – stands up to wind, hail, rain & UV Rays – size doesn’t matter…but age does. What is this product? pic.twitter.com/74RgV6i8TA
— Pro Inspectors (@TodaysInspector) November 26, 2016
ANSWER: INSULATED GLAZING
Insulated glazing (IG), more commonly known as double glazing (or double-pane, and increasingly triple glazing/pane) is double or triple glass window panes separated by a vacuum or gas filled space to reduce heat transfer across a part of the building envelope.
Ask your home inspector about his/her inspection protocol for inspecting windows and doors on your new home.