It’s good to see the big guys playing well together [ it wasn’t always love and kisses]. Rumors the two power-houses were considering working together again broke back in February 2015, so, it’s not new news. In May Twitter shared this on their blog.
When tapping on a Tweet in Google search, you’ll be taken directly to Twitter where you can view the Tweet and discover additional content. -Twitter.com
I’d be willing to bet the “additional” part is what twitter is banking on.
Check out this screen shot from Dale Jr’s search result that shows his Twitter, NASCAR’s Google+ page content and links from NASCAR’s .com content (do this on your mobile).
For inspectors it’d make sense to tweet and share keyword specific local content along with both photos and video. So far the content is only available through mobile. Twitter believes desktop integration is soon to follow.
Here are a few tips to make the most of the Twitter/Google duo.
- Don’t use Twitter as a broadcast medium – [without interacting] – use it to engage your followers.
- Post regularly – but quality is more important than quantity.
- Use images with every Tweet. [VERY IMPORTANT]
- Follow and comment on Twitter’s trending topics.
- Monitor your Twitter stream closely and respond quickly. Put out the fire on potential negative feedback quickly.
- Think before you Tweet! – Watch your tongue.